From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: partition-based backup/cloning tool...
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:48:14
1 walt a gentiment tapote:
2 > Jarry wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> is there some software for "live" partition backup/copying/cloning
6 >> with raw/smart copying capabilities, like Acronis TrueImage, Norton
7 >> Ghost or O&O DiskImage in windows-world?
8 >>
9 >> Some of them should have linux version (e.g. clonezilla), but I did
10 >> not find anything in portage...
11 >
12 > I just noticed sys-block/partimage, which may do what you want, but
13 > I've never used it. One of the patchfiles mentions mbr_backup.cpp,
14 > which sounds promising. Hey, it's free so give it a try.
18 Hi,
19
20 I use Partimage for years and it works fine !
21
22 Cheers,
25 Jacques