From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE nepomuk memory usage
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:23:17
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr <at> linznet.at> writes:
5 >> How many memory is reasonable for virtuoso to use?
6 >> I just had a view via htop, and I was surprised to see virtuoso-t
7 >processes
8 >> occupying more than 1.5 GB (!), althoug there is a maximum of 128MB
9 >defined.
10 >
11 >iotop (in portage) may help....?
12 >
13 >There is another app, that I've never tried but folks rave
14 >about, memtop, but it's not in portage.
17 >A while back, I posted about Ftrace (function trace) and some
18 >non portage ebuild, that may help.
19
20 iotop shows io ( AS in reads and writes to disk). The only memory related info may be swap. You could try slabtop instead, but that isn't that informative either.
21 Maybe valgrind can hell if there really is a memory leak.