From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-224 Look out for new networking behavior
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 00:57:01
1 On Mon, Aug 03 2015, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > In latptops/workstations NetworkManager takes care of
4 > everything. However, I still enable systemd-networkd and
5 > systemd-resolved in my laptop and workstations. If enabled without any
6 > configuration, it just monitors the network interfaces and keeps them
7 > "in the loop" for the rest of the system to know about them from a
8 > central registry. It doesn't interfere with NetworkManager (or any
9 > other network management program for that matter).
10 >
11 > It's not mandatory to enable them either. However, there were
12 > advantages to doing so; for example, in my laptop, systemd-timesyncd
13 > would try to sync the clock only if there was a network connection
14 > available.
15
16 Thank you for the clarification. I will follow your lead.
17 allan