From: Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and kernel developers cooperating to turn it into a global cgroup manager?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 05:31:51
1 On 10/20/2013 09:34 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 05:03:51PM +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote
3 >
4 >> That's a bridge we will cross when there is a bridge to be crossed, but
5 >> from top of my head:
6 >> We will maintain a minimal patchset that reverts the offending code.
7 >>
8 >> As in, that's nothing to be worried about before it happens.
9 >
10 > That's not always possible, e.g. GNOME 3.8.
11 >
12 I think that's an exception to the rule. I mean, upstream deliberately
13 chose to depend on systemd/logind and whatnot. In such a situation
14 there's literally no way to fix it without a fork, and I doubt Gentoo as
15 an organization is interested in that.