From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Providing virtual dependency net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:15:34
1 On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:47:54 AM Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I have added rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" to /etc/rc.conf, but scripts
4 > > like
5 > > sshd still wont start, and when executed report "WARNING: sshd is
6 > > scheduled
7 > > to start when net.eth0 has started".
8 > >
9 > > Why does sshd appear to be specifically requiring net.eth0? (or is the
10 > > message misleading?)
11 > >
12 > > How do i get net.wlan0 to also provide net?
13 >
14 > What do you have for the strict setting in rc.conf? I can't remember the
15 > exact name, nowhere near a Gentoo box.
16
17 I think you mean the following:
18
19 # Do we allow any started service in the runlevel to satisfy the dependency
20 # or do we want all of them regardless of state? For example, if net.eth0
21 # and net.eth1 are in the default runlevel then with rc_depend_strict="NO"
22 # both will be started, but services that depend on 'net' will work if either
23 # one comes up. With rc_depend_strict="YES" we would require them both to
24 # come up.
25 #rc_depend_strict="YES"
26
27 The above is how it's set on my systems, eg. commented out.
28
29 You could try uncommenting it and setting it to "NO"
32 Joost