From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Providing virtual dependency net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:57:28
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have added rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" to /etc/rc.conf, but scripts
4 > like
5 > sshd still wont start, and when executed report "WARNING: sshd is
6 > scheduled
7 > to start when net.eth0 has started".
8 >
9 > Why does sshd appear to be specifically requiring net.eth0? (or is the
10 > message misleading?)
11 >
12 > How do i get net.wlan0 to also provide net?
13
14 What do you have for the strict setting in rc.conf? I can't remember the exact name, nowhere near a Gentoo box.
15 --
16 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.