From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype now will only work with pulseaudio?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 04:19:41
1 On Sun, 22 June 2014, at 5:53 pm, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > … without audio skype would lose its core functionality
3 > - i.e. making voice calls? I guess someone may only use it for IM chat, but
4 > that I would think is an edge use case. Most people I know would use it for
5 > voice and perhaps video calls.
6
7 Microsoft migrated their entire IM network - MSN Messenger - to Skype.
8
9 These users now have no choice but to use Skype for their text-only instant messaging - either that, or migrate to a different network again, but their friends are all on this one.
10
11 Stroller.