From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: writing man pages (gentoo conventions)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 15:14:34
1 On Wednesday 03 June 2015 14:24:18 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2015-06-03, Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
3 > > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >> So instead of my spew of ascii information files, I'm now composing
5 > >> 'man pages' mostly using txt2man.
6 > >
7 > > If you want to avoid learning *roff, there is also e.g. pod from perl
8 > > which gives you simple basic markup functionality and can output in
9 > > man page format (and other format).
10 >
11 > asciidoc, markdown, and reStructuredText can all generate man page
12 > format as well as HTML, PDF, and others. The main benefit of these is
13 > that they're also easy to read in their "raw" input format (unlike
14 > roff).
15
16 Isn't there a Gentoo Way too? I can't put my finger on it just now but I think
17 I've seen a reference to producing Gentoo docs, including man pages.
20 Rgds
21 Peter