From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading without breaking LVM
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:50:29
1 On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 03:24:29PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:20:08 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >
4 > > Isn't BL2 masked ~arch? I think it was when I originally ran into this
5 > > problem. Doesn't that mean that my system will upgrade stable packages
6 > > that MUST be run using a package that I have to unmask?
7 >
8 > No. The BL2 init script provided with LVM must be used when running BL2,
9 > they should not be used with BL1. If you are seeing the warning messages
10 > it is because you have added the lvm init script to your runlevel when it
11 > should not be there.
12
13 Thats ok, I can understand that. I'm just about ready to give up on this as its
14 obviously too hard to debug. If upgrading to BL2 will fix my problems then
15 that's what I must do.
16
17 I can't test this tho as I haven't been able to break my test system with the
18 updates. I just hope that BL2 will fix this and not just introduce further
19 problems.
20
21 I'll consider it and post back my results. Fingers and toes crossed that BL2
22 solves it :)
25 Thanks
26
27 Matt