From: Edward M <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to install portage on other gentoo installs
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 00:39:55
1 On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:20:26 +0100
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, February 14, 2014 08:05, Edward M wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:13:19 +0530
6 > > Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> My favorite firewall rule to do this don't restrict any kind of
9 > >> traffic between own network and filter the rest.
10 > >> Use ipset. Very easy.
11 > >
12 > > I have zero knowledge how ipsec works. once i have nfs set i'll
13 > > do ipsec second. nfs will be in my private network for my gentoo
14 > > systems(laptops,server,client) boxes. thanks for the tip.
15 >
16 > Important:
17 > Nilesh was talking about ipseT (it's part of iptables, which provides
18 > firewall functionality in Linux.)
19 >
20 > ipseC is VPN/encryption. Not easy to implement and only necessary if
21 > you want to be able to access your home network from a variety of
22 > other devices.
23 > That is NOT necessary for what you are asking for.
24 >
25 > --
26 > Joost
30 Thank you for explaining what ipsec is used for, some reason i
31 automatically read as ipsec when Nilesh mentioned it. Nilesh brought it
32 up to my attention earliar; it was ipset not ipsec. thanks again for
33 the explanation.
34
35 Best regards
36 Ed
39 Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.