From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to install portage on other gentoo installs
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:21:08
1 On Fri, February 14, 2014 08:05, Edward M wrote:
2 > On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:13:19 +0530
3 > Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> My favorite firewall rule to do this don't restrict any kind of
6 >> traffic between own network and filter the rest.
7 >> Use ipset. Very easy.
8 >
9 > I have zero knowledge how ipsec works. once i have nfs set i'll do
10 > ipsec second. nfs will be in my private network for my gentoo
11 > systems(laptops,server,client) boxes. thanks for the tip.
12
13 Important:
14 Nilesh was talking about ipseT (it's part of iptables, which provides
15 firewall functionality in Linux.)
16
17 ipseC is VPN/encryption. Not easy to implement and only necessary if you
18 want to be able to access your home network from a variety of other
19 devices.
20 That is NOT necessary for what you are asking for.
23 Joost