From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 3
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:37:28
1 The 03/01/12, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > If you go back through the list archives you will find the enormous
4 > thread that caused Walter to start down this road in the first place.
5 > His efforts are an attempt to deal with the gigantic bloat-fest that
6 > the udev devs seem to revel in.
7
8 If you go back through the list archives you will find that I'm envolved
9 in this thread. ,-p
10
11 > Walter is doing fine work, he should be supported in this.
12
13 It's free software so everybody can feel free to support him, of course.
14 I think it's time consummed in the wrong road. I'm a bit curious how
15 long this alternative can survive. :-)
18 Nicolas Sebrecht