From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 3
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:55:36
1 Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > The 03/01/12, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> If you go back through the list archives you will find the enormous
5 >> thread that caused Walter to start down this road in the first place.
6 >> His efforts are an attempt to deal with the gigantic bloat-fest that
7 >> the udev devs seem to revel in.
8 > If you go back through the list archives you will find that I'm envolved
9 > in this thread. ,-p
10 >
11 >> Walter is doing fine work, he should be supported in this.
12 > It's free software so everybody can feel free to support him, of course.
13 > I think it's time consummed in the wrong road. I'm a bit curious how
14 > long this alternative can survive. :-)
17 Personally, I hope to turns out to be a replacement for udev, if for no
18 other reason than to be a poke in the eye of the fedora dev that started
19 this crap to begin with.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
27
28 Miss the compile output? Hint:
29 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"