From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, "\\\"Michael Orlitzky\\\"" <michael@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem installing PHP pdo
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 22:32:13
1 Sounds like I just need to emerge egroupware.
2
3 Per your advise, I tried:
4 emerge --info | grep -i pdo
5
6 I did get my USE flag as output, and it looked sane.
7
8 Thanks for your help; I'll let you know.
9
10 Mike.
11
12 "Michael Orlitzky" <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
13 > On 12/23/2012 04:36 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
14 >> Forgive the top-posting, but I think my response will be more concise
15 this
16 >> way.
17 >>
18 >> I have pdo in my USE flag in /etc/make.conf, so I thought I had this
19 >> covered.
22 > Does it show up in emerge --info? If not, you might have a typo. If so,
23 > it's probably some other missing dependency. (Have you re-emerged PHP
24 > since the USE change?)
27 >> I'm also not a fan of the netapps mechanism because I put my web-space in
28 a
29 >> nonstandard location for ease of backing up. Also, I probably just don't
30 >> understand it as well as I'd like. <wink>
33 > Nah, it's inflexible.
36 >> So, I could emerge egroupware and let emerge handle the dependencies for
37 me.
38 >> then I cold just emerge -C and re-install just the application by hand.
39 >> Sound right?
42 > This will get the dependencies, but once you uninstall egroupware,
43 > portage won't know why you have them. So if you do an emerge --depclean
44 > later, they'll come up for removal. Eventually you'll forget why you had
45 > them, and let it remove something important (personal experience).
46 >
47 > That's why I go to all that trouble with the ebuild in an overlay. A
48 > simpler workaround would be to install the egroupware from portage, and
49 > then ignore it but leave it installed.
55 Take care and have fun,
56 Mike Diehl.