From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem installing PHP pdo
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 22:14:47
1 On 12/23/2012 04:36 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
2 > Forgive the top-posting, but I think my response will be more concise this
3 > way.
4 >
5 > I have pdo in my USE flag in /etc/make.conf, so I thought I had this
6 > covered.
9 Does it show up in emerge --info? If not, you might have a typo. If so,
10 it's probably some other missing dependency. (Have you re-emerged PHP
11 since the USE change?)
14 > I'm also not a fan of the netapps mechanism because I put my web-space in a
15 > nonstandard location for ease of backing up. Also, I probably just don't
16 > understand it as well as I'd like. <wink>
19 Nah, it's inflexible.
22 > So, I could emerge egroupware and let emerge handle the dependencies for me.
23 > then I cold just emerge -C and re-install just the application by hand.
24 > Sound right?
27 This will get the dependencies, but once you uninstall egroupware,
28 portage won't know why you have them. So if you do an emerge --depclean
29 later, they'll come up for removal. Eventually you'll forget why you had
30 them, and let it remove something important (personal experience).
31
32 That's why I go to all that trouble with the ebuild in an overlay. A
33 simpler workaround would be to install the egroupware from portage, and
34 then ignore it but leave it installed.