From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage-2.2.0_alpha38 & --depclean
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 07:54:50
1 On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:20:57 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > Forcing nano into @system goes against the whole idea of using
4 > > virtuals to specify required functionality, rather than requiring a
5 > > specific program.
8 > That's what I thought until I moved to the kde profile, at which time
9 > it seems to about 80% of kde-meta became part of @system.
10
11 That's a completely separate topic, the kde profile, unsurprisingly, sets
12 the kde USE flag. Then something in system becomes dependent on KDE
13 packages.
14
15 One could even argue that on a KDE system, these are essential packages,
16 otherwise you lose the explicitly set default UI.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 There was a young man from the border
23 Who had an attention disorder.
24 When he reached the last line
25 He would run out of time
26 And