From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In-Kernel Standby [Fork of Standby]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:36:27
1 Randy Barlow schrieb:
2 > This topic has gotten me wondering. I used to us Suspend2-sources, but
3 > on my current laptop install I'm just flying with gentoo-sources using
4 > the built in suspend. What are the important differences?
7 Here is a good list:
8 http://www.tuxonice.net/features
9
10 IMHO the most important advantages of suspend2 are lzo-compression
11 (providing a good speed up on virtually any machine), encryption (if
12 you're paranoid or concerned enough to use it) possible usage of swap
13 files and a higher performance after resume due to the fact that the
14 whole memory is saved and not only the necessary parts.
15
16 I don't know how many changes in the scripting exist, though and I've
17 never tried suspend1.
18
19 Regards
20