From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:16:15
1 > On Nov 15, 2015, at 13:01, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 >> Well it's not. It just checks all the manifests and complains about
4 >> errors. It doesn't affect the building of 1.23.1-r1.
5
6 Ok. I must be using some different switch then.
7
8 > Ah, OK. But it causes emerge to bail out, so never gets round to
9 > building 1.23.1-r1.
10 >
11 >> If I were you I'ld download the latest portage snapshot. That should
12 >> take care of any remaining issues. Is your portage upto date?
13 >
14 > I'd just synched my portage tree immediately before attempting the build.
15 > I'll try again tomorrow, in the hope everything will have been sorted out
16 > by then.
17
18 Syncing and getting a new snapshot is a bit different. With a snapshot you get a new clean start. Download it and unpack.
19
20 After that check that your portage package is upto date (emerge -av portage).
23 -Matti