From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:31:41
1 Hello, Matti.
2
3 On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 01:15:16PM +0200, Matti Nykyri wrote:
4 > > On Nov 15, 2015, at 13:01, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5
6 > >> Well it's not. It just checks all the manifests and complains about
7 > >> errors. It doesn't affect the building of 1.23.1-r1.
8
9 > Ok. I must be using some different switch then.
10
11 > > Ah, OK. But it causes emerge to bail out, so never gets round to
12 > > building 1.23.1-r1.
13
14 > >> If I were you I'ld download the latest portage snapshot. That should
15 > >> take care of any remaining issues. Is your portage upto date?
16
17 I deleted my /usr/portage (with the exception of
18 /usr/portage/distfiles), and ran emerge --sync again. I get precisely
19 the same error message, still.
20
21 > > I'd just synched my portage tree immediately before attempting the build.
22 > > I'll try again tomorrow, in the hope everything will have been sorted out
23 > > by then.
24
25 > Syncing and getting a new snapshot is a bit different. With a snapshot you get a new clean start. Download it and unpack.
26
27 > After that check that your portage package is upto date (emerge -av portage).
28
29 Yes, my portage is fully up to date.
30
31 I think the Gentoo maintainers haven't fixed this problem, yet.
32
33 > --
34 > -Matti
37 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).