From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:14:38
1 On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > 120511 Dale wrote:
3 >> The biggest things about hugin, 1)  learning to use the thing
4 >> 2) patience.  The more control points you get, the better it will turn out.
5 >> Whatever you do, don't leave a control point that is not matched up.
6 >> Talk about a weird picture.  It only takes one too.
7 >
8 > I was careful to make sure there was an overlap in the negatives,
9 > so these are parts of the same image a/a separate shots of the same scene.
10 > That should make matching much more straightforward.
11 > Corbet explained in detail how he made a panorama for separate shots
12 > of a scene in Colorado, where he lives, so that wb my starting-point.
13
14 Chiming in late, I know, but I also wanted to recommend Hugin. I've
15 used it extensively for panoramas.
16
17 Also, Hugin has excellent overlap detection algorithms for generating
18 control points, and its UI for Celeste is good at removing control
19 points on clouds.
22 :wq