From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 02:52:31
1 I tried Hugin, but got nowhere. I set 6 points on each picture,
2 which are 2 overlapping parts of a single original negative,
3 but all it offered was a black screen; I did follow the on-line help.
4
5 Then I tried Imagemagick & got a good result after a bit of fussing.
6 The commands I used were
7
8 convert -size 1000x760 canvas:black brum-canvas.jpg
9 composite -geometry +0+0 brum-3070.jpg brum-canvas.jpg brum-1.jpg
10 composite -geometry +220-8 brum-3068.jpg brum-1.jpg brum-2.jpg
11
12 You can see the images at http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ :
13 they are of trams in Colmore Row, Birmingham in May 1953 .
14
15 I still need to light/darken 1 image a bit to hide the join,
16 but as a proof of concept this shows it's feasible with Imagemagick.
17
18 Any further advice re Hugin is welcome: can anyone do it with these photos ?
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca