From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 03:11:08
1 On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I tried Hugin, but got nowhere.  I set  6  points on each picture,
3 > which are  2  overlapping parts of a single original negative,
4 > but all it offered was a black screen; I did follow the on-line help.
5
6 Hugin can be tricky, especially if you're using the FastGL mode in an
7 older version; the FastGL mode didn't really work for me until
8 recently. The other thing is that you should let its wizard
9 automatically add the control points for you.
10
11 Can you put up the originals somewhere? I'd like to take a shot at
12 stitching them with Hugin. I've done hundreds of panoramas and HDR
13 stacks with it.
16 :wq