From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 04:36:16
1 120516 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> I tried Hugin, but got nowhere.  I set  6  points on each picture,
4 >> which are  2  overlapping parts of a single original negative,
5 >> but all it offered was a black screen; I did follow the on-line help.
6 > Hugin can be tricky, especially if you're using the FastGL mode
7 > in an older version; that mode didn't really work for me until recently.
8
9 I'm using the latest testing 2011.4.0 ; I didn't try a "fast" mode.
10
11 > The other thing is that you should let its wizard
12 > automatically add the control points for you.
13
14 Ah yes : I set the corresponding points in each half myself,
15 eg the toe of someone's shoe or the top of the further tram's headlamp.
16
17 > Can you put up the originals somewhere?
18
19 They're at http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ .
20
21 > I'd like to take a shot at stitching them with Hugin.
22 > I've done hundreds of panoramas and HDR stacks with it.
23
24 Please do (smile) & send me the result off-list
25 with the steps you followed to get there.
29 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
30 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
31 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca