From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge improvements... again
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:12:32
1 Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > 2- We have "emerge world" that covers everything already installed and "emerge
3 > sys" that covers all the system related stuff.... How about "emerge apps"
4 > that would ONLY cover things NOT in "emerge sys"? Face it, it'd be nice....
5 > Right now, I have to resort to extra steps to "emerge apps" and well... it'd
6 > be a nicer chore for portage to handle.
7
8 The closest thing that is currently supported would be to add your apps to the world list with `emerge --noreplace <atom>` and then run "emerge --update world" (without --deep). The system packages will not be pulled in unless you use the --deep option.
9
10 Zac
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list