From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems debugging a systemd problem
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 07:13:17
1 Am 2015-05-28 um 08:15 schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
2
3 > Thanks for your quick reply, but I do have rd.shell=1, but it did not
4 > drop to a shell,it just hung, so I could not do journalctl or anything
5 > -- the nearest break point was pre-initqueue which was maybe too early
6 > and the next one is pre-mount which it never got to. Unfortunately, I
7 > was in a position where I could not use an older kernel, because the
8 > older ones didn't have the configs to read gui type partitions-- I
9 > always keep several kernels around normally, but this was one of those
10 > transitional times when I was stuck. So do I need emergency aswell as
11 > rd.shell andis there any way to get a shell when the system appearsto
12 > be in some kind of a loop, like calling setl over andover again?
15 http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/ ?
16
17 Do you try to boot into rescue.target?
18
19 Why not use a live-cd, boot, mount, chroot and get on there?
20
21 You can read the journal of your failing installation via the
22 journalctl-binary of your booted live-system (I assume fedora live-media
23 boots with systemd ... dunno ad hoc which one to use)