From: Muthu <cmuthu@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SATA+GRUB not able to boot
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:34:11
1 Hai,
2
3 I am using gentoo 2.6.15 kernel and grub 0.96.
4
5 I am using software RAID1 for 3 devices (2 IDE(hda,hdb)+1
6 SATA(sda)).
7
8 I am not able to boot through the SATA hardisk(ie. Just the
9 plain cursor comes). When the grub loader loads initially, if I type the
10 the command
11 grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
12 hd(0,0)
13 hd(1,0)
14
15 and it hangs, it is not detecting the SATA drive and not even coming out
16 from the prompt.
17
18 After the machine booted in the normal mode using IDE drive, I
19 logged in as root and I tried
20 grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
21 hd(0,0)
22 hd(1,0)
23 hd(4,0)
24
25 Now the grub is recognizing the SATA drive.
26
27 Can somebody give me a suggestion why the SATA is not
28 recognized while booting in the grub?
29
30 Thanks & Regards,
31 Muthu.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list