From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA+GRUB not able to boot
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:37:40
1 On Feb 27, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Muthu wrote:
2
3 > Hai,
4 >
5 > I am using gentoo 2.6.15 kernel and grub 0.96.
6 > I am using software RAID1 for 3 devices (2 IDE(hda,hdb)+1
7 > SATA(sda)).
8 >
9 > I am not able to boot through the SATA hardisk(ie. Just the
10 > plain cursor comes). When the grub loader loads initially, if I
11 > type the the command
12 > grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
13 > hd(0,0)
14 > hd(1,0)
15 >
16 > and it hangs, it is not detecting the SATA drive and not even
17 > coming out from the prompt.
18 >
19 > After the machine booted in the normal mode using IDE
20 > drive, I logged in as root and I tried
21 > grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
22 > hd(0,0)
23 > hd(1,0)
24 > hd(4,0)
25 >
26 > Now the grub is recognizing the SATA drive.
27 >
28 > Can somebody give me a suggestion why the SATA is not
29 > recognized while booting in the grub?
30 >
31 is your sata support compiled in as modules or into the kernel?
32 > Thanks & Regards,
33 > Muthu.
36 > --
37 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list