From: Muthu <cmuthu@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA+GRUB not able to boot
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:59:12
2 > On Feb 27, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Muthu wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hai,
5 >>
6 >> I am using gentoo 2.6.15 kernel and grub 0.96.
7 >> I am using software RAID1 for 3 devices (2 IDE(hda,hdb)+1
8 >> SATA(sda)).
9 >>
10 >> I am not able to boot through the SATA hardisk(ie. Just the
11 >> plain cursor comes). When the grub loader loads initially, if I type
12 >> the the command
13 >> grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
14 >> hd(0,0)
15 >> hd(1,0)
16 >>
17 >> and it hangs, it is not detecting the SATA drive and not even coming
18 >> out from the prompt.
19 >>
20 >> After the machine booted in the normal mode using IDE drive,
21 >> I logged in as root and I tried
22 >> grub>find /boot/grub/stage1
23 >> hd(0,0)
24 >> hd(1,0)
25 >> hd(4,0)
26 >>
27 >> Now the grub is recognizing the SATA drive.
28 >>
29 >> Can somebody give me a suggestion why the SATA is not
30 >> recognized while booting in the grub?
31 >>
32 > is your sata support compiled in as modules or into the kernel?
33
34 sata support is compiled in to the kernel. It is detecting as SCSI
35 drive. I could access the disk.
36
37 >> Thanks & Regards,
38 >> Muthu.