From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - How to work with USB DVD-RW/CD-RW drive
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:24:47
1 My internal CD-R drive has been experiencing steadily
2 worsening power fluctuations over the past year or so.
3 I haven't been able to write CDs in Windows in
4 months, but until recently could still write them in
5 Gentoo. I ordered a Pacific Digital USB DVD-RW/CD-RW
6 drive on August 1 and it came in today. I'm not quite
7 sure how to go about using it though. I mainly use
8 xcdroast for writing CDs (I make daily backups and
9 write them to CD once a week.) I use GNOME, and
10 although my new drive shows up in the "computer:///"
11 nautilus listing, it is not available to be selected
12 in xcdroast - it's not listed at all. I don't even
13 know where to start looking for the solution to this
14 problem. Can anyone help me?
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list