From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - How to work with USB DVD-RW/CD-RW drive
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:09:12
1 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
2 Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Gentoo. I ordered a Pacific Digital USB DVD-RW/CD-RW
6 > drive on August 1 and it came in today. I'm not quite
7 > sure how to go about using it though. I mainly use
8 > xcdroast for writing CDs (I make daily backups and
9 > write them to CD once a week.) I use GNOME, and
10 > although my new drive shows up in the "computer:///"
11 > nautilus listing, it is not available to be selected
12 > in xcdroast - it's not listed at all. I don't even
13 > know where to start looking for the solution to this
14 > problem. Can anyone help me?
17 Hmm...in a shell, as the root user, you'll need to determine what cdrecord likes.
18 You may need to try -
19
20 cdrecord -scanbus
21 cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA
22 cdrecord -scanbud dev=sg
23
24 Generally, USB attached drives show up as SCSI devices, thus an - "ls /dev" will return
25 a list with an sdx, where x is a,b,c, etc.
26
27 Bob
28 -
29 --