From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Adobe flash warning and tree
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 09:23:52
1 On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:28:16 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I've seen that before. I use that user agent plugin to switch to
4 > something it likes. Generally, it works. Basically, you tell the
5 > browser to lie and tell it is a windoze machine with IE and carry on.
6 > So far, that has always worked for me.
7
8 It's better to tell them you're using the Windows version of Firefox or
9 Chrome. If you send an IE User_agent, some sites will start messing with
10 ActiveX etc.
11
12 > By the way, my bank, credit card company and several other sites don't
13 > support Linux. They still work just fine. It's just that some still
14 > use flash and flash is sort of sick at the moment.
15
16 There's a difference between unsupported and not working. It works but
17 you won't get far if you try to use their helpdesk.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 JPEG (JPG)
24 Joint Photographic Experts Group. The original name of the
25 committee that designed the eponymous standard image compression
26 algorithm. Abbreviated to JPG by PPL WHO CNT TYP or WSE PCS ARE BKN.