From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Adobe flash warning and tree
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:15:42
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:28:16 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've seen that before. I use that user agent plugin to switch to
5 >> something it likes. Generally, it works. Basically, you tell the
6 >> browser to lie and tell it is a windoze machine with IE and carry on.
7 >> So far, that has always worked for me.
8 > It's better to tell them you're using the Windows version of Firefox or
9 > Chrome. If you send an IE User_agent, some sites will start messing with
10 > ActiveX etc.
11
12 That is true but in the cases I used that, it required not only M$ but
13 also IE. Having it set to Firefox or something would be safer as you
14 point out, if IE is not also required.
17 >> By the way, my bank, credit card company and several other sites don't
18 >> support Linux. They still work just fine. It's just that some still
19 >> use flash and flash is sort of sick at the moment.
20 > There's a difference between unsupported and not working. It works but
21 > you won't get far if you try to use their helpdesk.
25 True but if it works, I don't need the helpdesk. If it doesn't, then we
26 are really stuck with no options anyway and back where we was at to
27 begin with. ;-)
28
29 Dale
30
32
33 P. S. I think I need a keyboard cleaning. Some keys are stubborn. :/