From: Joshua Schmidlkofer <joshland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:11:49
1 Yeah, I will try JFS again some day. Not today, but someday. XFS
2 slow deletion is my personal pet peeve. I have been using XFS for so
3 long, so successfully, that I am hesitant to change. Plus, I have a
4 large number of existing installs.
5
6 Last year, I setup a JFS system on a dual-opteron. I have no idea
7 what went wrong, but binaries wouldn't load, shit would crash, sig 11,
8 etc, etc, etc. Finally, with now clue what was up, I reinstalled
9 using XFS. There are a number of significant differences. I am not
10 /blaming/ JFS, all I can say, it yet another JFS attempt went bad for
11 me.
12
13 So, XFS works, and I keep using it.
14 --