From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The war continues.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:38:50
1 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > 160318 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 > > Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > >> Philip Webb wrote:
6 > >>> So that needs rephrasing : "Why is AG using KDE 5 ? " (smile).
7 > >>> Everything works for me using Fluxbox + some KDE 4 apps.
8 > >> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x. Then the flood came (Qt
9 > >> 4)
10 >
11 > My conclusion at the time was that my current set-up is slightly
12 > better : Fluxbox provides the same basics & is simpler than the KDE 3
13 > environment, while the KDE apps I use (mainly Konsole Gwenview
14 > Okular) are better in 4 .
15
16 Do you have installed the complete KDE4? If not, what packages do
17 you have installed to configure the look and feel of your KDE apps?
18
19 > However, there are 2 small items I really miss : Kmahjongg
20 > Kworldclock . I had them in my previous machine (now stand-by),
21 > but they need a library which I can't install anymore,
22 > so I haven't tried to recreate them in my new machine.
23 > (Yes, I know there is Kmahjongg-4 , but it doesn't do "removed
24 > tiles").
25 >
26 > > wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
27 > >> What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror.
28 > >> It was way better than any other filemanager that I know.
29 >
30 > I use Krusader & recommend it very highly for heavy file-lifting :
31 > have you tried it ? -- if not, do : you may well like it.
32
33 Thanks for your suggestion.
34
35 The dependencies are about the same as I would install konqueror.
36 Over 20 new packages and also some blockers.
37
38 And it seems that it is such a two panel thing, but that's usually
39 not my thing. ;-)
40 Is it possible to use tabs and just one panel? And does it have a
41 tree mode?
44 Regards
45 wabe