From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The war continues.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 19:38:27
1 160318 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Philip Webb wrote:
4 >>> So that needs rephrasing : "Why is AG using KDE 5 ? " (smile).
5 >>> Everything works for me using Fluxbox + some KDE 4 apps.
6 >> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x. Then the flood came (Qt 4)
7
8 My conclusion at the time was that my current set-up is slightly better :
9 Fluxbox provides the same basics & is simpler than the KDE 3 environment,
10 while the KDE apps I use (mainly Konsole Gwenview Okular) are better in 4 .
11
12 However, there are 2 small items I really miss : Kmahjongg Kworldclock .
13 I had them in my previous machine (now stand-by),
14 but they need a library which I can't install anymore,
15 so I haven't tried to recreate them in my new machine.
16 (Yes, I know there is Kmahjongg-4 , but it doesn't do "removed tiles").
17
18 > wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
19 >> What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror.
20 >> It was way better than any other filemanager that I know.
21
22 I use Krusader & recommend it very highly for heavy file-lifting :
23 have you tried it ? -- if not, do : you may well like it.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca