From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I fix wrong boot order?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:49:43
1 On 10/29/2013 13:47, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi Gentoo-users,
3 > I noticed strange message during boot-up of one of my servers:
4 > ...
5 > As you see, syslog-ng can not open conection to remote syslog
6 > collector. Reason seems to be quite clear: at the time when
7 > syslog-ng starts, enp3s0 interface is not up (only loopback).
8 > I do not know how this happened, but I think it has something
9 > to do with either sendmail, clamav, or dovecot.
10 >
11 > This is boot-up of my other server (syslog-collector) where
12 > neither sendmail nor clamav is installed. As you can see,
13 > boot-up order is correct (network interface before syslog-ng):
14 > ...
15 > So how can I fix it on the 1st server, so that syslog-ng starts
16 > after network interface is up?
17 >
18 > Jarry
21 I would probably fix this by adding