From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:56:25
1 2012/11/26 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
2
3 > Luis Gustavo Vilela de Oliveira writes:
4 >
5 > Well, with 8Gb RAM, i recommend use tmpfs on PORTAGE_TMPDIR, just while
6 >> u are compiling anything.
7 >> Or even with 6Gb too.
10 > I have 16 GB, with 8GB for $PORTAGE_TMPDIR on tmpfs. There were issues
11 > with some packages having not enough space, so I have this in
12 > /etc/portage/package.env:
13 >
14 > app-office/libreoffice notmpfs.conf
15 > dev-java/icedtea notmpfs.conf
16 > games-fps/alienarena notmpfs.conf
17 > games-fps/worldofpadman notmpfs.conf
18 > games-sports/vdrift notmpfs.conf
19 > mail-client/thunderbird notmpfs.conf
20 > www-client/firefox notmpfs.conf
21 >
22 > /etc/portage/env.d/notmpfs.**conf has this entry, changing PORTAGE_TMPDIR
23 > to real HDD space:
24 >
25 > PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/portage/**tmp
26 >
27 > Most of these packages compile with 8 GB of space, but not with parallel
28 > merges, like when Thunderbird and Firefox are both being built at the same
29 > time.
30 >
31 > Alex
35 Ok Alex and Luis,
36
37 So i put :
38 PORTAGE_TMPDIR="tmpfs" in /etc/make.conf
39 PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/tmp/portage (on HDD) in /etc/portage/env
40 in /etc/portage/package.env :
41 app-office/libreoffice notmpfs.conf
42 mail-client/thunderbird notmpfs.conf
43 www-client/firefox notmpfs.conf