From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE preferences
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:23:40
1 > I had the disastrous idea of trying to update kde 3.3 to 3.4 using
2 > the new split ebuilds. I tried to reduce bloat by emerging only what
3 > I thought I really use. Now I have lost ALL my normal user's
4 >  preferences!!!!!
5
6 AFAIK Gentoo allows to run two KDE versions independently. ~/.kde is
7 probably a symlink. Perhaps you can copy over the config files from one
8 ~/.kde3.3 to ~/.kde3.4.
9
10 > (Or is it time to give up on kde entirely?)
11
12 Oh yeah, let's flame ;-) .
15 Best regards
18 ce
22 »Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen« (Helmut Schmidt)
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list