From: "Jürgen Geuter" <tante@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Python version 2.5
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:20:09
1 On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 21:00 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2007-02-26, Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > I need to install python version 2.5, which in portage it is in hard
5 > > testing masked. If I install it anyway, is this mean problem to my
6 > > gentoo installation?
7 >
8 > IIRC, Python is slotted, so you can have multiple versions
9 > installed simultaneously.
10
11 Exactly, python is slotted, I've been using python 2.5 for quite a while
12 here now without any problems whatsoever (apart from some python ebuilds
13 depending on 2.4 versions).
14
15 regards
16
17 Jürgen
18 --
19 ICQ #81510866 - http://the-gay-bar.com - MSN tante@×××××××××.de
20 Occam's Razor:
21 -"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."-