From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dangerous to emerge --depclean
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:12:44
1 On Sunday, 4 June 2006 0:11, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > I emerge -- depclean and the drivers of keyboard,mouse ,vedio and many
3 > libs of font and many other package have been unmerge.
4 > After revdep-rebuild, i reboot but i even can not startx,and i have to
5 > re-emerge the drivers to startx,and then the libs of font to make my
6 > fonts normal manual accroding to the unmerge messages in
7 > /var/log/emerge.log.And now my audacious can't show my Chinese
8 > characters ever after re-emerge it.
9 >
10 > I just can't understand why "emerge -- depclean" such a dangerous
11 > command can exist or i do it in a wrong way(although i think i am
12 > right).
13 > Does this ever happened to you?
14 > How can you fix it ?
15 >
16 > --
17 > wcw
18
19 I'm surprised you missed the dozen *** WARNING *** lines telling you how
20 broken --depclean is and to manually check the list of packages it wants to
21 remove and keep a backup.
24 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list