From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE4: Constant crashes in conjunction with Konsole
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:42:44
1 On 08/20/2009 02:34 AM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > until now I've been quite a KDE4 hater, but I'm willing to give it a try from
5 > time to time. So I installed 4.3 parallel to my beloved 3.5.10 and was quite
6 > pleased with it. However, I have repeating crashes of my entire X. Mostly it
7 > happens when I open Konsole, the next often occasion is opening a menu (main
8 > menu, context menu, you name it), but also only after a Konsole windows was
9 > opened. All I see is a quick error message about glibc, then X restarts and
10 > I'm back at kdm.
11
12 The 'dmesg' command and the ~/.xsession-errors and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
13 files should contain the specific error messages.