From: Paul Sobey <buddha@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kopete and msn contacts
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:50:31
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > I switched from aMSN to Kopete to have a decent msn client that also
3 > works with gtalk.
4 >
5 > Unfortunately I found that kopete has some kind of bug with MSN
6 > contacts. It's apparently impossible to *add* a new contact (if I try,
7 > it says nothing just like it's working, but the contact is not added
8 > -not in kopete, and not in other clients), and most importantly it does
9 > not *delete* contacts. Worst of it all, if I delete contacts in another
10 > client, say, aMSN, next time I launch Kopete:
11 > - the contact reappear in the Kopete list
12 > - if I then close Kopete and open aMSN, the contact I deleted *are
13 > indeed added again* to my MSN account!
14 >
15 > I would prefer to avoid Gaim/Pidgin if possible.
16
17 Kopete has always done this for me, it's incredibly annoying. If you
18 find a solution please post back here! Since you stipulated GTalk, my
19 only recommendation other than Kopete would be Pidgin. If you want an
20 MSN-only client at some point you might try Mercury Messenger (Java
21 based, very full support, including webcam), or the excellent KMess
22 (relatively young, no webcam or other tricks but light, fast and nicely
23 integrated into KDE). I've recently discovered the latter and it's now
24 my MSN program of choice.
25
26 Cheers,
27 Paul