From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 17:31:11
1 On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 07:03:15PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > > An account is required, running Gentoo is not.
5 >
6 > I understood it was for users who encounter bugs in Gentoo.
7 > That would be Alex, the OP.
8
9 My reply was to you, Thomas, rather than the OP, because you wrote:
10
11 "I wrote a mail to media-optical@g.o, proposing the patch
12 for growisofs.
13
14 Regrettably there was no reaction yet.
15
16 Maybe if enough Gentoo users complain ... "
17
18 Therefore, I was letting _you_ know that the proper place to submit a patch to
19 a Gentoo pkg is BGO.
20
21 However, your patch is for growisofs, which in Gentoo comes from
22 app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools, so the proper place for such patch would be
23 <cdwrite@××××××××××××.org> per http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ --
24
25 "As of May 2003 I've decided to advise users to turn to
26 <cdwrite@××××××××××××.org> on support matters. It's an open list, meaning that
27 you don't have to be subscribed to post a problem report.
28
29 Generally speaking, most of my patches have gotten proper
30 review/recognition/inclusion/rejection when sent to the proper source."
31
32 IIRC you mentioned in another email being subscribed to that list.
33
34 Just curious...if you don't use Gentoo, why do you subscribe to gentoo-user
35 list?
36
37 Cheers,
38 Bruce
39 --
40 Happy Penguin Computers >')
41 126 Fenco Drive ( \
42 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
44 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
45 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
46
47 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
48 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
49 A: Top-posting.
50 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
51
52 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting