From: Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] k3b burning BD-Disk pretends to fail at 99.99%
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 18:15:53
1 Hi,
2
3 > However, your patch is for growisofs, which in Gentoo comes from
4 > app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools, so the proper place for such patch would be
5 > <cdwrite@××××××××××××.org> per http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ --
6
7 On that list there was support by Andy Polykov until shortly
8 after the bug in question was reported. A fixed release was
9 promised but did not emerge. See
10 http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2008/07/msg00092.html
13 > IIRC you mentioned in another email being subscribed to that list.
14
15 Yep. Until 2007 as user of growisofs. For a short while as
16 friendly competitor. Now as its sentinel, so nobody has reason
17 to regret having tried burning DVD on Linux.
20 > Just curious...if you don't use Gentoo, why do you subscribe to
21 > gentoo-user list?
22
23 The topic came up from a side note on cdrkit's mailing list.
24 The Fedora maintainer of growisofs asked whether i know more
25 about the problem. I pointed to above post by Andy, re-read it
26 and recognized that he left a treasure map to find the bug.
27
28 After getting confirmation that the proposed fix works, i googled
29 for similar bug reports in various distros.
30
31 An archive of the gentoo-user list was among the found sites.
32 My first mail to the list did not show up. So i subscribed a day
33 later and sent it again.
36 Have a nice day :)
37
38 Thomas