From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/bin/qtconfig is missing components
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:01:42
1 On Monday, 23 July 2018 10:01:18 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 23 July 2018 09:19:05 BST Mick wrote:
3 > > When I run /usr/bin/qtconfig it complains about a missing
4 > > '/usr/lib64/qt5/bin/ qtconfig':
5 > >
6 > > $ /usr/bin/qtconfig
7 > > qtconfig: could not exec '/usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qtconfig': No such file or
8 > > directory
9 > >
10 > > $ locate qtconfig
11 > > /usr/bin/qtconfig
14 > > Which package is responsible for it and how can I get it back?
15 >
16 > It looks as though the config program has been dropped from the current
17 > version. On this box, /usr/bin/qtconfig is a symlink to qtchooser, whose man
18 > page is not much help.
19 >
20 > I remember using qtconfig to tweak a few things, but I haven't needed to
21 > recently so it might have disappeared quietly without my noticing.
22 >
23 > Sorry not to be more help.
24
25 Thanks Peter, thanks for pointing this out. I have the same symlink here. As
26 I understand it qtchooser is used to select which qt version to run, if you
27 have more than one. I'm looking for something to configure the widgets and
28 font sizes in the version I am presently running.
29
30 $ qtchooser -l
31 5
32 default
33 qt5-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
34 qt5
37 I'm not sure why qtconfig is now a symlink to qtchooser, but this won't adjust
38 settings as far as I can tell.
41 Regards,
42 Mick