From: znx <znxster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash wizardry needed: PATH and MANPATH grow and grow and grow
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:35:25
1 > This _does_ help. It's mysterious enough that I tested it, and it seems to
2 > work except that it removes "." from any path. This is not quite what I want.
3
4 Glad it was almost a success ;) Interesting, thats not something I
5 noticed before, I have never wished "." in my PATH, I should point out
6 of course that "." in your PATH is a security risk waiting to happen
7 ;)
8
9 Nevertheless it should not be removing the entry unless its a dup. I
10 have quickly confirmed the behaviour it is defn stripping all "."
11 entries.
12
13 *sigh* the script needs some work .. I'll play with it again tomorrow....
14
15 Thanks for the feedback,
16 Mark
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list