From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:20:55
1 On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 12:43:12PM +0200, lee wrote
2
3 > That leaves the question why a user who isn't even logged in should
4 > be able to reboot, which IIRC they can by default with Ctrl+Alt+Del.
5 > Such users shouldn't be allowed to do anything but to log in.
6
7 As the old saying goes... "If you don't have physical security, you
8 don't have any security". A malicious person at the physical keyboard
9 of the machine could just as easily yank the power cord of out of the
10 wall, insert a USB key into the machine, plug the machine back in, boot
11 up from the USB key, and copy over malicious binaries.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications