From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hdparm, CONFIG_ATA_SFF and KDE-4.4.4
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:31:26
1 The title may not make immediately sense, but this is what I have observed.
2
3 I switched to CONFIG_ATA_SFF instead of the deprecated CONFIG_IDE. Up until
4 that point I had passed -M 128 to hdparm once and my drive retained the
5 settings between reboots and kept quiet.
6
7 With the new kernel I noticed that KDE-4.4.4 switches it back to -M 254 and
8 becomes noisy as KDE kicks in (when the system settings symbol comes up during
9 login).
10
11 I tried adding hdparm in the default runlevel and also added:
12
13 sda_arg="-M 128"
14
15 in /etc/conf.d/hdparm but it doesn't seem to work. KDE resets it to full
16 pelt.
17
18 Is there a fix to this?
19 --