From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about SATA and hot plugging.
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:35:08
1 On Thursday 16 December 2010 12:42:06 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > OK. I'm not going to argue the point. All I know is this, the cable
4 > > that came with the case will plug into any SATA connector on my mobo.
5 > > There is nothing marking a eSATA port on there.
6 >
7 > There's nothing to argue. On your motherboard all ports are eSATA
8 > compatible.
9 >
10 > On my DH55HC only two of the 6 are eSATA compatible:
13 is that written in the manual or are you just making that up?
14
15 because for a lot of boards, all connectors are compatible and the ones with a
16 different colour are just connected to an additional controller.