From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about SATA and hot plugging.
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:47:39
1 On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thursday 16 December 2010 12:42:06 Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> > OK.  I'm not going to argue the point.  All I know is this, the cable
6 >> > that came with the case will plug into any SATA connector on my mobo.
7 >> >  There is nothing marking a eSATA port on there.
8 >>
9 >> There's nothing to argue. On your motherboard all ports are eSATA
10 >> compatible.
11 >>
12 >> On my DH55HC only two of the 6 are eSATA compatible:
15 > is that written in the manual or are you just making that up?
16 >
17 > because for a lot of boards, all connectors are compatible and the ones with a
18 > different colour are just connected to an additional controller.
19
20 It is written in the manual. As you seemingly will never believe this
21 coming from me, for who knows what reason, here's a link at NewEgg.
22 Check the details tab yourself for confirmation:
23
24 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121397&cm_re=DH55-_-13-121-397-_-Product
25
26 Jeez...